Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy First Birthday....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by davidk, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ...to me!!!

Hi all,

Its been a year now since I made the decision to see if I still enjoyed riding a bike as much as I did 35 years ago!
    Long story short....bloody oath I do (y)

There I was, in my late 50's....looking to relive my younger days maybe, or perhaps just looking for a new lease on life?
    It doesn't matter what the reason is, I am just glad that I did it!
    I don't get out on for a ride as much as I would like to because real life tends to get in the way...but I know that my bike is there waiting for me whenever I get some spare time (and that's a great feeling :happy:)
    There is nothing ( well not much anyway:whistle: ) more satisfying than that feeling you get when you are riding well and cornering well....you get home with a stupid grin on your face and a huge sense of achievement.
    (and also nothing more frustrating than when you stuff up a corner I should add!)

So twelve months ago I know I made one of the best decisions I have ever made...I just wanted to let you all know! :happy:

There is a bit of a mystery though...somehow in the last twelve months I have managed to accumulate....

3 helmets
    4 jackets
    2 pairs Kevlar jeans
    3 pairs of gloves
    Various socks, neck socks, balaclava's, earplugs and just in the last week thermal underwear!

I cant explain how I came to buy all this stuff, not like me at all haha!

1L7C1649 (800x533).

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Congrats davidkdavidk on your first year and your collection of apparel looks exactly like mine, other than I think I would have you covered in the glove stakes :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Congrats David. Haven't seen you at Saturday practice for a while so come around one of these days.

Just 3 pairs of gloves!! ;)

Yeah..the gear collection seems be directly proportional to the number of years on the bike.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Awesome! This is the best kind of story as it validates my "excessive"? bike related purchases :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Happy First Birthday indeed David! Congrats, you look so happy :happy: Mororcycling is definitely good for you, keeps you young (well, that's what I'm discovering anyway :whistle:) Here's to many more happy years of riding (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. happy 1st birthday :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the good wishes everyone!
    So now I have been riding for a year.....maybe it's time for a bigger bike :)