Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy Fathers Day

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Jeffco, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Happy Fathers (or as my card read Farters day) to all the netrider dads.

I couldn't decide on which pic to use

aaavader.

aaeaa97832bc5063d8358ffe8a91e6cd43fe.

2. Indeed, as a father and a grandfather, happy dad's day to all the others!

• Like Like x 2
  3. right back at you all , happy fathers day . was looking forward for a quick blat but the kids had other ideas , having a great day tho 8)

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 ibast, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Unfortunatley I was overseas yesterday. I'm going to have a special fathers day next weekend.

Hope all the other dads had a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had a great day with the kids. They live away from home now, so we travelled to them, and celebrated Saturday night. They gave me a new coffee machine (the old one died last week. How did they know?)

I totally forgot to ring my own Dad though. :(

6. I've noticed a large gap between the expectations of mothers day and fathers day.

Typical Mothers day for the Mrs

- Sleep in to whenever
    - Breakfast in bed
    - Presents
    - I'll take the kids out of the house for most of the day to give her "some down time"
    - Cook whatever she wants for dinner...roast, whatever I'm up for it

Typical Father's day for me

- Get woken up at 6:30am.........thanks for the sleep in
    - Get pressured into making decisions on what will happen for the day as "we need to plan it out"
    - Get in trouble for ignoring said requests to plan, rather opting to read the paper
    - Drive family down the coast for a "family day"
    - Look after the kids all day
    - Get home, mow the grass, do the hedges
    - get take-away as no one wants to cook
    - Get asked "So, did you have a good fathers day?"
    - Reply "Father's day? Would have been nice to do something I wanted to, or for everyone to rack off and leave me alone for a day.".......in my head.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly. It's just that I've got a 2 year old and a 5 year old so the last few years have been the old 'forego pretty much anything you liked doing, and focus on the kids' type of thing. Which is fine, but you get to the point of needing a break.

Unfortunately Father's day apparently isn't the day for that, whereas Mother's day is.