Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy Birthday TonyE

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by hornet, Aug 28, 2006.

1. To our third member who turns 57 this year, happy birthday Tony, I hope it's filled with good wishes and lots of fun.....

2. [IMG:90:30:18db7c41d4]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/birthday.gif[/img:18db7c41d4]
  3. All the best Tony.

A birthday on a Monday, what are the odds of that, like a million to one :LOL: (everything in life relates to the Simpsons)

Hope you had/or are going to have, a good weekend to celebrate :grin:
  4. Hey Tony, Happy Birthday and I hope you have a great day :grin:
  5. All the best wishes for the coming year

:dance: \:D/ :birthday:
  6. happy birthday tony :)
  7. Happy Birthday Tony! :grin: :birthday:
  8. Have a great day you silly old bugger :LOL: :LOL:
  9. habby birthday!!! :biker:
  10. Thanks everyone. Not shaping up too good so far 'cos I'm home with a nasty head cold.

On the bright side I scored the new Dylan Album (that dates me :LOL: ) and some other stuff - and my financial advisor agees that I should have another bike :LOL: - and keep the R65

(providing I don't spend much) so I'll be looking for another tourer soon...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Hey Tony, would you be interested in the Kawa GTR-1000 that a mate has for sale in Goulburn??
  12. Happy birthday.

Treat yourself, mate. Trade up from that tractor to a modern machine.
  13. how much Paul?
  14. TonyE HarleyCity have your B'day pressy waiting, '07 range deposits are now being taken.
  15. Been there done that - not my style... :LOL:

Unless they've got an XLCR cafe racer from the 70's... :LOL:
  16. Oh oh, here we go............. :p :LOL:
  17. Happy birthday Tony, at 57 you are now finally wise..... :LOL: As to the new bike, if you are looking for a really competent tourer without needing to go big cubes have you considered the 700cc Deuville? I got a ride on a 650 one a while ago and was quite impressed, it was one of those, 'fits like a well worn glove' kind of bikes, its comfortable, economical, built-in luggage, bullet-proof, and it's not exxy to boot, even new.......just a thought.
  18. Tony, the dreaded XLCR brought about one of the funniest quotes I remember in motorcycling journalism.

When Cycle magazine tested the bike, Cook Neilsen commented on the brakes (as does the guy selling in the advert). He said the brakes were awful, but, he added, if you were man enough to pull the lever and get them to work, then you wouldn't have to worry about having to stop at something like a train crossing, because you could just swat the train out of the way with the back of your hand!!

Great-looking bike, though, and as different as could be from what Harleys were like in 1977...
  19. Happy birthday, Tony. Hope you get your birthday wishes.