Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy Birthday to my bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Mar 11, 2015.

1. #1 hornet, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    20141130_123209. 20 years ago this month in a factory in Japan, a seemingly-random collection of parts of metal, plastic, rubber and other stuff got together one night, and quietly assembled themselves into a VFR-750 motorcycle. I don't know what it was doing up until 3 years ago, but since then it's had a loving home in my garage. So happy birthday to my bike.......

• Like Like x 6
  2. and not showing its age - sweet looking ride
  3. I have cheated by getting a new paint job last year, but it was and is a very clean bike even before that...... :)
  4. Was it the same colour as it is now?
  5. Happy birthday...

Is there a cake involved? No cake, no birthday..

6. When I bought it it was also blue, but a strip back in the prepaint process showed that it had originally been bottle green, then had been repainted red (d'uh) then blue. The repainted blue is a bit more 'purple' than the standard Candy Tahitian Blue Honda colour, but since neither it nor the repaint colour were original to the '95 VFR, it makes it stand out a bit!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Very sweet looking ride. I've had my ride for 3 years and I didn't wish it happy birthday once.

Shame on me!