Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy Anniversary .... to me!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Mar 18, 2006.

1. I know dazza will love to hear this, but the rest of the charitable souls of Netrider might like to join in a small woo-hoo with me as the first anniversary of my joining Netrider passed a few days ago.

{Muted cheering and the gnashing of teeth way in the background :LOL:}

Thanks to all the people who've been nice to me over the year, and to the great people I've met through this wonderful community....
  2. Happy netbirthday Hornet. :grin:
  3. hmmmm, 1 year, 8478 posts.

Hope you had a good anniversary and tool Mrs Hornet out for the night :grin: :grin:

By the way, why dont women come with a joined date so that you don't forget that anniversary ??
  4. Ahhh Hornet, where would netrider be without you august presence?

5. :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. Funny thing, Egiste, I DID take Mrs Hornet out for dinner on Monday night, but I must confess to it not being connected with my Netrider Anniv.

As far as our wedding anniversary goes, I can only say that having 32 of them does help to ingrain it in the mind, but I've never let her forget the one year when SHE forgot, and asked me what the big bunch of roses was for :LOL:
  7. I got mine engraved on the inside of my wedding ring :grin:
  8. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How didn't you get a warning for this :LOL:
  9. My thoughts exactly scooter. He should have been tooled out good and proper for that sort of language...
  10. Thay would be just my luck, I get a warning for a spelling miskate :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  11. weehee... congrats hornet :) and just to celebrate, i happened to go out and test ride my first hornet600 today :grin: :grin: t'was fab fun and now looking like a front-runner in my shortlist of possible 600s to buy :p
  12. Oh yea, they're rockin' little rides those. It's hard not to like the Hornet 6. Wat sort of prices are they going for 2nd hand? Pity the 06 didn't get imported...

Test any others Carri?
  13. was way overpriced at Garners. $7,900 for a bike with 56,000k on the clock, been dropped and in need of tune. but fun none-the-less and i'll keep a look out for others. didn't end up test-riding anything else. was a bit wary about getting on the TT, and decided after sitting on a couple of CBRs that i like the pre-99s and post 04's but the ones in between (that would be in my price range and k's range) were 20k heavier and bulkier. 'tis all learning. haven't yet found a naked SV to test despite a call around this morning to a few dealers. will need to find a suzuki dealer other than mick hone who only has a SV650S in at the mo.

your encouragement re the hornet was duly noted all day today with thoughts like "well if it's good enough for Loz and Paul and i feel good and safe and confident on it, then it's damn well good enough for me" :grin:

eGiste has kindly given me some time to find the bike of my dreams before taking over my ZZR so will keep doing the rounds. at least have made a start!
  14. Heh yeah wow, I got my 900 for $8250 with 23K on the clock, mint nick and a bunch of upgraded bits and pieces. I recommend you look for private sales.
  15. Congratulations Paul, but only 23 posts per day...you need to pull your socks up this year :wink: