Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy anniversary to me ;)

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by bikeboy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. So guys and gals, who got the best anniversary present this year? Rhetorical question, because the answer is ME ;)

left.

right.

Wanted a 750, but beggars can't be choosers :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, all it cost me was a diamond ring. What's the point of a diamond ring?? I win.

cheers
    ian

2. i don't like diamonds, or diamond rings for that matter.

you definitely got the better end of the deal! :D you do win! :D

niiiiiiiiiiice bike!

3. Gorgeous, mate !!!!
    Congratulations, on more than one count (y)

4. Happy Anniversary Bikeboy, great present :)

5. BUT.......it's not a Cruiser...........LOL!

Very nice bike.........keep the black bits pointing down!

Congrats! (y)

6. Very nice. I've got an old 750 - wanna trade? ;)

7. A classic!! Will appreciate faster than any diamond ring.

8. Nice bike, grats x2.

9. woo hoo! looks like I might (finally!) get to ride home in the dry tonight. Been pussy-footing around in the rain for 4 and a half days, and I'm ready for some fun now.

ian

10. Congrats BB.
    That's old school nice.

11. awhhh thats beautiful
    congrats.

12. So. I took the beast to my favourite mechanic for a Roadworthy to finish off the paper work. And there was another 1000R sitting out the front!

What are the chances in smalltown Geelong eh?

VF1000rx2MSC-3.

Naturally we had to take a snap, 'coz you don't see that every day. Mine is the one with road grime all over it ;)

ian

13. That's awesome.

14. Wicked photo, what are the odds!

15. With the paperwork done, how about a short review? I'd be interested in you thoughts, having lusted after the VFR's elder brother for a few years...

16. Certainly. I've actually been riding it for a while as I 'prepared' it for RWC.

Steering is quick, but I'm used to 18" front wheels. Riding position is...well, for a roadbike, I'd say 'compromised' ;) Around town on my 25Km ride to work, I'm feeling a bit 'wristy' by the end. Out on longer rides at highway speeds, it's great. I like it a lot. I can't see me putting the bride on the pillion seat for any distance, but I have other options for that anyway.

Power delivery is fantastic, and totally different from the UJMs in my shed. It just pulls and pulls, and the exhaust note is awesome. I'm still a bit tentative in the corners until I get used to it and swap the rear Avon for a BT45 to match the (new) front, but indications are I'm not going to run into clearance issues for a while! Front brakes are great. Had to get another pair of discs and pads and flushed the fluids. Rear feels a bit wooden (same overhaul), but I haven't really looked in to it. May pull the pistons out and check for binding one day.

Nearly caught up on my do-to list. Just need to flush and replace the 'coolant' when I can figure out what it is.

Hope this helps.

cheers
    ian

17. After a month on the beast, I took the bol d'or to work today. Now, I always thought these bikes had a reasonably sport riding position, with rearset and clip-ons, but boy, It almost felt like a cruiser in comparison! Sitting right up, and hands a mile apart and high!

Can't wait to get back on the viffer ;)

ian

18. WOW!!! Very nice....