Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

handy info

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by D Stump, May 20, 2007.

1. joel gave me the idea for this thread. we all have handy info and some sort of education. lets put a little in each post and get wise.

here's mine,

one contributor to cancer is toxins in the body. toxins are purged from our body via sweat in our arm pits, groin, and behind the ears. when a person uses anti perspirent spray they body cannot sweat to purge toxins in the pitt so the toxins go to the lymph node.

toxins [have been known] to cause cancer. using the anti sweat stuff increases those toxins and your chances of cancer.

what's yours?

2. the exposure that the new generation has to electro-magnetic radiation has been linked to depression, sinus problems, headaches and sleeplessness.
    so throw away that CRT monitor or just get one big enough so that you dont have to sit so close to it whilst whoring the forum ;)

and dont buy a house with a 33000v overhead line in its proximity :)
  3. A quick way to tell if a bone is broken or just a soft tissue injury is to use ice. If after a few minutes the pain level starts to fall its more than likely to be a soft tissue injury, but if your still not sure get an xray
  4. you can guess a pin number of a card by reading the voltage response of an EFTPOS terminal...
  5. Broken bones can be found with a tuning fork. Smack it on a bench and then apply to the bone in question, if it hurts you are broken.
  6. also works by smacking the bone in question... :LOL:
  7. True enough, but less fun, unless i am watching someone else do it.
  8. fark, glad we took those stickers off my Yamaha then :eek:

Gotta be bad-luck...