Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Handlebars + Levers - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by aranciata-oz, May 29, 2009.

1. Hello Netriders .... I'm not lazy and have searched through the whole forum quite a bit, but cannot locate specific discussions regarding good places (even on the Net) to buy new handlebars and brake / clutch levers.

Reason I want to know is I am looking at potentially buying a Kawasaki ER6F, which has been dropped - the fairing will need fixing up later on, but for immediate attention the handlebars and levers need changing. The rest of the bike is fine mechanically, the frame also appears to be fine.

I'm very well versed in taking apart and putting together cars, but am just a newbie in the bike game, although I am picking it up fairly quickly, so if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding places that stock a good range of original and aftermarket handlebars and levers, that would be great. Any further advice also appreciated ... :grin:

This forum is awesome, thanks guys .... :)

2. Go to a motorcycle shop and you'll have all sorts of bars to pick from, with all different bends. Levers are easy as well, should be pretty generic.

If you want to arm yourself with information, check out www.mrcycles.com. A holy grail of all things part numberey. Should give you a good idea as to price as well.