Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Handlebar grips with embedded controls

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jd, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Seems a US company is now manufacturing handlebar grips that allow control of the indicators and high/low beam by means of fingertip buttons rather than using your thumb - allowing the rider to maintain full control of the bike. There's only the 4 buttons but other things can be operated by pressing two buttons at once - though I wonder just how confusing this might get. It's certainly an interesting concept anyway, more info can be found here:

2. Will down-down-forward-forward-punch still do a Hadouken???
  3. Yeah the article I read linking to their site mentioned that the extra functions could be used for things like heated grips or nitrous injection. Really wouldn't want to get those two confused :shock: :LOL:.
  4. [img:225:170:24b9f7b6e2]http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/04/ryu_hadoken(mirror).jpg[/img:24b9f7b6e2]
  5. Looks very much like a solution in search of a problem.

Unless you're a flute player, I can't see why you should have to grasp the handgrip daintily between thumb and fingertips just so you can push a button that's got no business being on the grip in the first place.

Unless the buttons can be configured to operate some of Ktulu's more creative motorcycle accessories, I really don't see the point.

Well done chaps.
  7. I would not buy shares in this company
  8. I think it is a grewat little mod for a bike, although not at that price.

With the auxilary buttons you really could manage anything from your left hand. Hand heaters, James Bond Missiles... ANYTHING.
  9. Actually I'm now with the rest of you guys. While I was out on my bike last night I was trying to imagine having control through my finger tips, and firstly you have no idea where the buttons would be for quick access. Also trying to use the clutch and buttons through corners, you would have to be a concert pianist to even stand a chance. :)