Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Handlebar Adjustment

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Simigh, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Hi all!

Hope everyone is keeping safe and enjoying the fine weather?

So I have a 2008 Street Triple with handlebars by 'Driven' I need some advice on the best way to adjust them to fit me.
    I am 192cm which puts me just on it just over the optimum size for the bike (but it's a fun bike)

I need to improve the riding position as it puts a lot of pressure on my wrists and shoulders.

I have moved them back but it feels like the bike wants to dive when turning left or right.

I moved them forward and get the strain/pain

I tried sitting on the bike with my eyes closed and hands out and then moved the bars to that position and it still didn't feel right and again kept wanting to dive.

Not sure if I need risers to bring The height up or I just need to keep playing.

Any advice or do I need a bottle of concrete pills?

2. Risers might be the go, especially the ones that have tilt adjustment, but you may also replace cables, depending on how much slack Mr and Mrs Triumph gave you.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The bars are fairly high anyway on a street triple. The seat position is quite aggressive, so it might be your core strength that needs working on.
  4. Bringing the bars upwards should take some of the pressure off the wrists and shoulders. I had lower back pain on a mountain bike and i needed to lower the bars to put more pressure on my wrists and shoulders and take pressure off my back