Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Halls Gap weekend

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Nov 16, 2004.

1. To all those that went on the Halls Gap ride.... Are you happy you went.....?

Was I not correct in saying it would clear up and be nice..... I was right, it did clear up and become nice about 30 times between rain, showers and hail......
  2. I told you all (including you, Mitch) that the weather would be ok! I was not the doubter....I was pushing for it to go ahead! As I've said in the past, I don't shrink in the rain!

I had a ball, as stated in an earlier post and wouldn't have missed it for the world!

:D :D :D
  3. I had a ball too, but would have had more of one in the dry..... Not so sure I'm too keen on another one that's sooooooo wet. Little bit of wet is ok..... BUT DAMN!
  4. I lurve it when it's wet.

As any Honda rider will know, you can still go just as fast and tip it just as far, no matter the weather.

let's try it again when the speed limiter is removed from mine, since i didn't even get to leave 4th gear.
  5. It was a great w/end.
    Shouldn't have taken the freeway home :p 6th was well needed for some of our ride home on Friday :)
  6. Same here, last couple of times I rode in the wet I had some nasty 'moments' :oops:

But I didn't have any during the HG weekend, either I'm getting smoother or slower....probably the latter :LOL:

Only time it got really hairy was when we also copped a heavy cross-wind...yikes :shock:
  7. Had a blast. The weather just gave me a bit more of a tale to tell when I got home.