Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Halls Gap ride Poll comments

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. hey guys / girls
    Just put a poll regarding postponing this ride till better weather.

    pls vote there , but if you have a comment this is the place

    :LOL: :twisted: :LOL:

  2. Soft!!! Damn Soft!!! But at least if you guys do postpone you can chip in with the clean up at HQ. Your choice ride in the rain or do some manual labour.

    90% chance of rain on Saturday and 10% on Sunday.
  3. Yeha!! What he said ;)
    Plus, if you postpone it, I might actually be able to come along...
  4. When will the votes be counted (as in the cut-off)?
  5. I am up for another date as I had conflicts with this date. One can only hope :D
  6. Yeah same here, unfortunately sexpo has been booked in a long time before this ride was posted, so we can sit back and keep our fingers crossed :wink:

    No idea when the poll ends, you will have to ask Karen or Bob
  7. Call me a wuss or soft, I really don't care but I prefer to postpone this one to nice sunny weather. I'd rather enjoy my ride in the nice sunshine (it brings the mood up anyway) than pretending I have to prove that I'm no wuss by shivering and being miserable in the wet. Plus I'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning up on my gear.
  8. Just depends on what the weather is actually going to do.

    Personaly I don't mind a couple of light showers with sunshine in the middle but I don't want to spend two days getting soaked to the skin....
  9. If it's postponed I might be able to tag along :)
  10. I've got a Michelin Power on the back and it's none too happy with standing-water (lack of groves).
  11. Hey all,

    I have been watching the weather patterns for 36 hours... The front that was supposed to hit on Saturday morning is now hitting us tonight.... The weather is 24 hours ahead of the forecast.... So, that means we will be hit with the brunt tonight and by 11:00am tomorrow we will have clearing showers and sunday will be fine...

    Check out the satellite pics if you dont believe me.

  12. I'd have liked to come but cannot make it thie weekend. IF it does get postponed I'll try to make it for the new date.

    Final decision on yay or nay will be made and posted about 10pm tonight.

    Watch this space!
  14. Hmm, I think regardless of the decision people make, the ride should go ahead for those who don't mind the weather and are still keen to go. Even if there was 4-5 people, I'd hate to think I was partially spoiling their fun just because I couldn't be bothered going.

    We can schedule another trip like this some other weekend when it's better weather and people don't have commitments.
  15. at the Mo were still 50/50 so those that still want to "do it" i say damn the torpedo's lets go as per the original plans, but no one is holding an across to your head saying you have to go !!
  16. Would it not be fair to have a working beeeee at HQ thus postponing this ride to when the weather might look better.

    Just an idea