Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hairy Bikers - foodies on 2 wheels

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Gromit, Jan 15, 2006.

1. http://www.hairybikers.com/

This is a new series starting on the BBC in the UK. Looks kind of like the 2 Fat Ladies, but with a couple of bearded gents and more biking content.

Here's the blurb for their episode at the IoM:

"For two lifelong bikers and foodies, the chance to combine a trip to the annual TT Races with some serious cooking is irresistible. However, to get a couple of motorbikes onto a catamaran for the trip requires an unusual solution. Dave Myers and Si King are the bikers-turned-sailors, who spend a happy afternoon cooking crab soufflés and sea bass on the back of the boat, only to wake up next morning in the teeth of a gale. On finally reaching Douglas, the boys encounter the strange Loaghtan sheep, and set up a bikers’ feast of local lamb and scallops on the beach. But the real highlight comes on Mad Sunday, when the TT course is open to all riders: will the boys’ unusual new bikes get them round in one piece?"

Seems the "unusual new bikes" were monkey bikes...

I wonder if we'll get to see this on the ABC at some stage?
  2. I'd ride with em if thats the kinda gear they eat on a ride. Dunno bout the monkey bikes though.
  3. 10 easy ways to cook using a muffler ..... i predict that the odd pint will star as the ingredients in most of their meals too .... as with the fat ladies theme
  4. bugger the meals lets go for a ride and get into the odd pint.