Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Had my L's for a week now

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by charlesflies, Jul 10, 2006.

1. It took me two days to start the bike :roll: Too much putting 'round the drive, then flooding it = coked plugs :oops:

But I've commuted on four days since then :grin: :grin: :grin: And ridden some local roads on the w/end (look at my location) :grin:

Commuting involves Freeway (fast..trucks...lots of cars... :shock: ), old freeway (fun :) . the ridiculously low 60k limit that it has now is ideal for me ATM - on the bike, not the car), Upper Sturt Road, city :shock: , South Road. Sun, rain, fog, cold, colder, night.

There's two things I don't enjoy:
    #1 turning right on small roundabouts :oops:
    #2 winding roads in the dark, particularly if there's rain or drizzle. I seem to retreat into my warm clothes too much, see the visor too much, and not see the corner enough. Need to be way slow and don't feel happy.

Oh well, I suppose all in all it's going well. Certainly hoping the weather improves enough to ride tomorrow, too. More fun than I've had for a while (at least since jumping out of a plane a couple of months ago, but that's another story..)

Just wanted to share.

2. I'll pay that. There is a pain in the arse roundabout near me, it's very small, down a slope for the first 180 degrees, then up slope for the final 90 until the exit. It's an absolute bastard that I don't think I will ever get the hang of.
  3. Use low gear and a little bit of rear brake; lean and take it easy.
  4. Still a pain in the arse though :p. Though having a V-twin does make this sort of maneuver easier.
  5. By the way, when are we seeing you?
  6. ?