Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Had my first perfect ride today.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by fifi1980, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Sure it was a bit cold and my hands were numb.......but there was hardly any traffic on the roads, every corner felt right and I don't stall anymore! (Touch wood!) :)

I went for a ride up to Mount Keira Lookout for the first time as this is where you ride on your P's test so thought I should familiarise myself with the road a bit. It was my first go at the twisties and while I've always found corners more fun anyway, it was amazing! Still buzzing from it. :grin:

Just wanted to share with people who know how it feels, no-one I know rides and their eyes glazed over after a bit.......

2. none of my friends ride either so I know the feeling of getting off the bike all pumped after a good ride and not being able to share. The wife feigns interest for a while but its not the same - I can tell when shes faking interest ;)Theres lots of good roads around the 'gong. If you want someone to share with try heading up to Stanwell tops. Every time I've stopped at the hang-gliding take off spot there has been a fellow biker there ready for a natter, its a favoured rest spot before or after the national park run.

3. Even when it is just a ride to work, those perfect rides are always worth it. After a good run in to work I'm set for the rest of the day. And after a good run home I usually don't want to stop. :)

Thanks for sharing.

4. Good to see you're confident and enjoying yourself. Can't remember the last time i went to Mt Keira, sounds like a good excuse to go for a ride up there.

If you haven't been for a run up the pass yet, you should give it a go, it's a nice ride. Be warned though, its bloody freezing up at robbo. But the pies are awesome, and i've had a chat to a few bikers there that were friendly and helpful.

I know how it feels not having any biker friends, my mates are probably sick to death of me talking about bikes.

5. With regards to not having biker friends...

If you can take them as a pillion...

That changed two of my best mates minds. They both have bikes.

6. Theres absolutely (almost!) nothing better than the perfect ride. Stuff that dreams are made of! As for riding friends, I agree with hughhurst, if you get them in first as pillion riders, who knows where that can lead......I started as a pillion rider, now I am absolutely addicted to riding my own!!

7. Well done fifi !!!!

8. Sounds like you had a great time riding!

I've yet to take my bike for a decent cruise with some sweet twisties, but I do have some spare time next week so will probs head where you went, and I'm sure your perfect ride will give me good luck! (I'm a learner mind you :p)

9. There's nothing like the feeling of a ride where it all just goes right,
    congratulations and don't worry about trying to explain it, until they ride they will never understand