Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

had a little accident with my suzuki SV650 NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by hoomun, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Hi all i had a little accident with my Suzuki and the right front fork has been bent abit!!! :( is this fixable or do i have to get a new one also would u know about how much they cost and do u knw anywhere cheap and good i can take it too i live in Sydney

thank you

2. If it was a little accident then it's most likely the forks are just twisted rather than bent which is an easy fix. :)
  3. oh ok! that would be great. but it dose seem to be bent! so it could be that its just been twisted
  4. Yeah, they don't bend easily. More often than not it's just a matter of loosening the clamp, straighten up the forks and re-tighten. A bike shop should have it done for you in no time. :)

Edit: If the wheel is out of alighnent with the bars, then twisted. If you stand to the side of the bike and see that the wheel is pushed back towards the bike then bent. Can you see an actual bend in the fork, or does it just go in a straight line with the handlebars turned?
  5. well when i look at it from front the wheel is turned more to my left than the handle bar it will not go in a straght line the the wheel has to be turned for it to go straghit. would this be just a simple twist!
  6. Twisted. :)
  7. thank god :eek: i feel so much better now!
  8. When you have fixed this you can always say that you are able to handle "twisties".