Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Had a good day riding, then dropped bike in garage

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by nightgash, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I was wondering how the GP riders manage to get their chin on the tank while going down the main straight to lessen the wind resistance. I tried it today and managed to do it with my arms tucked in. It wasn't very comfortable and felt like I was riding a rocket with my arms bent in and head down and forward.

But then something bad happened. I brought the bike home, was oiling the chain. I moved the bike forward while kneeling down, the side stand got caught on an electrical lead and before I knew it the bike was ontop of me. The windscreen is cracked and mirror bent. I am so pissed off right now. I tried to stop the bike going down by putting my knee up but the knee just buckled under the weight. :( :( :(

2. I want the time back that I spent reading this thread.

3. At least you broke the bike's fall! :p

Regards, Andrew.

4. My knee is still hurting. Found a place called Screens for bikes in Reservoir victoria and they should have a screen for $100

F$%K

5. Ooo, luckily if anything like that happens to me ill still have my standard screen from when the dealership added the black one. It's always good to take the standard stuff home.

6. Me too. And the time that it took to reply to yours.

7. I edited the title post. I'm sorry I wasted your time. I'm feeling very vulnerable and emotional at the moment. :oops:

8. They're taking the micky. Get yourself a race stand and it wont happen again. $100ish on ebay if you can wait for a second hand one like I did ($60). http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Race+stand

9. Think about it this way, at least it wasnt at a set of lights with everyone watching and laughing at you.

10. Yeah I know, but it was so bad being trapped under the bike with nobody around with my knee bent in a funny way! My bike owned me today :? :( :oops: :evil:

11. I wasn't, that rubbish about chin on tank was a precious time waster.

+1 on the recommendation for a rear stand though.

12. i feel ya

i was really sad when i knew my clutch was bent. and even sadder when the dealer gave me aftermarket clutch.. purchased a genuine today and couldn't be happier. going to give her a shower tomorrow and rock up afterwards!

13. Similar thing happened to my friend, he owns a cbrrrrrrr250rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (evil bikes), and he forgot to put his side stand down when he was getting off his bike. Hilarity ensued and the bike begins to fall, and he tried to get under it to hold it up, but he was a touch too weedy and fell straight on top of him. He managed to get out from under it and had to call his dad to get it up.

14. Or out the front of work, where all your work mates that thought you were a heaps cool biker chick, had to pick the bike up because you were stuck under it :oops:

Mine fell on my right knee, I have no idea, but it's now a really cool purple colour!

15. i dropped my bike right in front of my work .. i have only been riding for 5 days and i pulled up to work thinking im so cool on my brand new bike and when i stopped i kind of just balanced there.. i was kind of confused and then all of a sudden i just dropped to the right it was ebarrassing...

and dont worry about the guys taking the micky out of you .. im sure they have all done the same...

Its so stupid when experienced riders take the piss out of newbies... they were all there once

16. Nah its ok, I pissed them off because my thread title was misleading, but its fixed now. :eek:

What colour tinted screen should I get if its a blue and yellow red bull colour scheme?

17. Sorry to hear it nightgash.
    It must be the week for stupid shit! I dropped my bike on Wednesday on level ground in a carpark! Stalled for the first time since I can remember and ended up with my right leg caught between my bike and the car parked next to me. No damage to bike or car- lots of sore bits on poor little BM. Embarrasment factor 10/10! Worse bit is that I still don't really know how it happened. I don't mind learning from my mistakes but sheesh! :oops: :roll: