Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ha... I had a bad tank of PETROL from these guys...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ward_4e, May 14, 2007.

1. I wonder why????

16 drums of toluene... pain, farking stripper in your fuel... yep and their not even hiding the fact they put it in... its stacked next to the damn atm!!!

edit these 6 were stacked inside and there was what looked like a stack down the side... :roll: 16 is an estimate and a bad bad omen...

EDIT: topic editited because of dyslexic names swapping... :roll: its a dissability... disability...

2. Can you like, report them or something for that???

... or at least name/shame them here?
  3. I'm pretty sure it's not against the law to add tolulene to fuel providing
    1: you make it known to the purchaser
    2: pay the correct tax to the ATO

the big hoo hah in NSW a while back was because the outlets were not paying the tax, the Govt didnt give a rats that is could have been damaging engines.

ABC report
  4. :shock: At the very least you could report them to Workcover for improper storage/use of a hazardous chemical.
  5. Yeah where are the pricks :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  6. DISCLAIMER: a general warning as I can neither confirm or deny that the "octane performane" addative has or has not been added to the fuel.
  7. /me smacks ward upside the head.

1) It's Gas you knucklehead, short for gasoline.

2) It's PETROL in Aus. Gas here refers to the stuff you cook with!
  8. 16 x 20 litre drums = 320 litres.
    I fail to see how it's going to make a difference over 100,000 litres... it surely wouldn't save them any money!
    Why didn't you ask what they do with it, my bet would be they use it to flush out teh fuel lines, pumps or similar.........

Regards, Andrew.
  9. More importantly toluene costs around 8 bucks a litre. So the only way they could be making money is if they were diluting the fuel with something else, then using the toluene to bring the octane rating back up.
    Having said that though having that many drums, full or empty, stacked up in a servo is certainly not that smart, or legal.
  10. again with teh comments about my dislexia... dyslexia lizdexia... ok if it makes you happy
  11. So... the fact that these drums are sitting there, full or empty, automatically indicate they have been added to the fuel....

Why don't you go solve the world trade center conspiracy instead, you might get more recognition... :roll:

12. It makse me happeeee :grin:
  13. :wink: