Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

H2G2- 28th April

Discussion in 'VIC' started by nil_orally, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Ok, first up this was posted as H2G2 rather than Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to avoid the arguments as to where the apostophe goes, and whether "Hitchhiker" is one word or two.

The movie is to be released on worldwide on Thursday 28th of April. This means us Gods-favoured folks in Oz get to see it before just about everyone else. (NZ won't count if we can steal their projector globe).

Fair warning, this movie contains humour. One may need a Pangalactic Gargle Blaster afterwards.

For those who know the books/radio/tvseries/record (for you whippersnappers, that's a black vinyl disk about 12 inches - oops 30 cm in diameter), there are a few new characters in the movie written by The Great Douglas, and Marvin may not be as you envisioned him. I know I want a Point-of-view gun for this forum.

Oh, and the whale scene is in.

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/ (broadband recommended - big download)

Who wants to go?
  2. Yeah I'm interested...it will either be great or completely suck.

The promo looks good but you know what promo's are like.
  3. me! me! pick me!

A vogon fleet couldn't keep me away!!
  4. I want to see this as well. I saw the shorts and it looked ok, plus anything with Zaphod Beeblebrox has got to be alright.
  5. there is just so many good movies coming out in the next few months for you which includes me Sci Fi nerds

:LOL: :p :LOL:

Rise of vader :twisted:
    WOTW ( war of the worlds remake )
    Hitchhikers Guide
    plus many more kill / blowup and destroy movies

But yeah you can count me in for this one !! or all of the above :p
  6. To hell with Beeblebrox (He's just a guy, you know...) I want to see Eccentrica Galumbits.
  7. Went to a "Talk to the Producer" type night at Crown last night. Rob Stamp spke at lenght on the passion to "get it right" for the existing fans, as well as trying to sway a new generation.

The Vogons are done by Henson Animatronics. There are heaps of "Easter Eggs" in the movie. As cameos, Douglas Adams' mother is in it, as is the original Arthur Dent and Marvin from the TV series.

My g/f got a showbag with a movie poster, t-shirt and H2G2 towel in it. They may never find her cadaver.
  8. DON'T PANIC!!

I'm in!!
  9. For the T shirt i'll help you hide the evidence !

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
  10. I'm in, just have to take a sicky
    Bring your own Babel fish
  11. Like Nova said, it could be great or utter crap. I'm happy to find out first-hand.
  12. Ah... it was only a week ago I was watching the TV series again - though it has nothing on the books. What scares me is talking to my Dad about it: he needs to go on the Einstein factor for the HHG series of books!

So what's the plot? How many books are involved in the story this time? :) I reckon I'll be there, with digital watches on! Unless of course a fool runs over my bike 5 minutes before I'm about to leave. :LOL:
  13. "bump"

Do we have any takers?
  14. Yep I'm still up for it depending on the cinema(s) chosen. Century City, Glen Waverly is prob the best for me.
  15. Yup im in , i saw the shorts on the idiot box the other night and unless they showed all the good bits in that 30sec's it looks like an interesting movie

16. I'm in!!

Also if we book early we could get a limited edition hand towel :LOL:

17. I'm coming.... once I locate my Joo-Janta 2000 Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses.

Where we having this? Personally prefer Highpoint, but Chadstone will do. Please don't make this too far afield!!!
  18. Chadstone suits me, and probably a few friends too :D