Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GV650

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by gvboy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

Newbie here, I am looking at the new black frame gv650 cruiser and was wondering what you guys think?? I know hyosungs have a bit of a question mark on them but I'm willing to have a go. They seem to have lots of power compared to the competition. I ride a 250 cruiser at the moment.

2. Cant help you first hand mate but I remember reading an article in Motorcycle Trader about 12 months ago where they got a pretty good review.

Have you done a NR garage search and PM'd a few owners if there are any?

3. GV 650 is a very capable bike, I remember reading a review on them a few months back, very torquey motor, however, you do get what you pay for and it has basic brakes and suspention, its also not fuel injected which may or maynot be a problem for you, resale value is not too crash hot either for these models .. have you considered a suzuki M50 or a Honda VT750 at all ? the finish is a little better on them and still reasonably price, awesome deals ATM if you look carefully, good luck with your choice and try to test ride as many models as you can before making your decision..

4. From what I've seen, they are a good bike.

I've got the little brother, the GV250 and it goes like a dream. The build quality is good, styling is good and the ride is great. I know that a while back there was plenty of concern around the GT650 although that seems to have abated. Also the Hyo bashing has abated a bit.

I think the biggest downside of the GV650 will be the resale value. The Hyo's don't hold as well against a Suzuki or Yamaha.

But the choice is yours. If I had the cash, I would have bought one instead of the 250...

Happy riding,
    Damian.