Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GV250 vs V-Star 250 vs DR-Z250. Which Is Better?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Rider2000, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Suzuki DR-Z250

2. Hyosung GV250

3. Yamaha V-Star 250

4. Kawasaki Eliminator 250

1. #1 Rider2000, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Hey Guys!
    this is the outcome of my other posts on what is the best 250 cruiser and what is the best road trail, of those 2 threads, ive come to the conclusion that i will be saving up for 1 of these 4 bikes

Hyosung GV250
    Yamaha V-Star250
    Suzuki DR-Z250
    Kawasaki Eliminator 250

Please tell me your past experiences on these bikes and tell me which is the best, or even suggest another 250 :D

2. Yamaha V-star250
  3. Kawasaki Eliminator 250

This ^^^ EL or VN
  4. Can you give me your experiences with them please?
  5. I'm not sure, but if you started a few more threads we could really get to the bottom of it
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Choice. There are 69 Virago/Vstar available on Bikesales : more than the rest combined.
  7. I had the Yamaha, great commuter. Marginal for highway work, gets to the speed limit alright, but not much reserve for overtaking. Used to wear the foot pegs more than the tyres in the twisties.
  8. Never used one but I own a Honda VT400 and Honda along with Yamaha cruisers have a very similar appearance as well as build and reliability. The Yamaha XVS650 is a very popular choice for people wanting to start out on a cruiser so I can only imagine the 250 being something of similar quality. I haven't tried Hyosung but it being Korean, I would assume that the quality is lower than a Japanese-made motorcycle. As for the Suzuki, never rode one but they're good too. You can't go wrong with either a Honda or a Yamaha in terms of cheap maintenance, reliability & build quality.
  9. Do you want a cruiser or a dual sport?
    IMO the DRZ-250 is least desirable dual sport, out of well, all of them, that said there will be minimal difference's between them. For a first dual sport, just get what ever one is the cheapest and in best condition.
  10. whats the top speed you've had her at?
  11. im not sure where i want a cruiser or a road trail, thats really why i posted this thread, im leaning towards the drz or the v star
  12. thanks for the advice man :D, i think im gonna scratch hyosung, its now down to the v star and drz
  13. Probably 120
  14. Scratch the Hyosung, if your urban get the v star, if rural go drz, both will be a blast
  15. im most liking going for the dr-z400
  16. There both two completely different bikes, get the bike that will do the type of riding you want to do. The choice is easy if you know how and what you will be riding.
  17. i have made the decision that it would be more fun t be able to ride on and off road, so therefore i am saving up for a road trail, preferably suzuki drz250/400
  18. thank you so much to everyone who helped me out and gave me information on these bikes :)