Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Guy Martin on Guy Martin

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by MalTravieso, May 15, 2010.

1. He's a great bloke isn't he?

In the IoM 2009 DVD he does a piece about his preparation. In his garage there are his bikes, all apart, along with tractor parts, other bits from farm tools....not a clean floor in sight!

And the two people you'd take to a desert island...'can they be dead..' :)
  2. #3 lowercase, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Weee! I just fell in love! WHAT a champion! In the comments someone mentioned he could talk about tea for ages... So I found it :D

Very funny (starts at 1:15 or so... before that you see his sheds)
  3. Oh don't get him started on Tea [-(
  4. Cheffy, you have to put the milk in first :p
  5. Imagine if you were married to him and you cocked it up, you'd never hear the end of it.

I'd love to see him take the Pepsi challenge and pick between the emulsion and the mixture. But then he's so into it I expect he probably could.
  6. Why isn't he an household name???

Sooooo much more entertaining that the vacuum-formed sportspeople you have to listen to most of the time. Not only can he ride like a b@stard but he's not afraid to be a real (and unique) human being either.
  7. I have read that Guy Martin works as a a mechanic, does not own his own house and drives an Aston Martin. This added to his riding skills and knowledge of tea makes him pretty awesome imo.
  8. Brb, cuppa (milk in first).
  9. Legend. And he's right about the emulsion and mixture, emulsion tastes better.
  10. "Mick Doohan...'ard, double 'ard"