Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

guy high sides off bridge (stolen from sydney riders fb)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 87crisis, Mar 22, 2012.

1. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750044

i could post some of the text but thats pointless....just...damn few worthwhile pics and a f'd up story from such a simple problem we face daily (or so he thinks- slipped on oil/coolant & overcorrected a lowside)
  2. Holy ****!

One lucky man right there.
  3. WOW... He's a VERY lucky man! I was going over a bridge yesterday thinking about what would happen if you highsided and went off there, I didn't think it would be survivable. :eek:
  4. Happened in Melbourne last year. Sadly, the rider did not survive :(
  5. #5 jag131990, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    No? This thread is about the Avr rider who crashed in 2000. He's very much alive and riding still
  6. That is unlucky as hell to have gone off the side, lucky as hell to have survived though.
  7. #7 akaluke, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Sorry if I hijacked the thread and caused confusion...

I should have said...

"This also happened in Melbourne last year. Sadly, the rider did not survived"
  8. Damn...talk about luck...that's one hell of a fall alright!

For Victorians...ever looked down the E.J Whitten bridge when riding on the right lane and have a truck to the left of you? Scary shit...
  9. :eek: Glad he survived. One of the worst places to have come off.
  10. lucky he wasnt run over when he landed too.
    Thats one might big zipper he has!!
  11. Before I read his post I thought he must have landed in water. That was one nasty fall onto a hard surface.
    Great to hear he has a positive attitude about it now and regards it as "the worst and best thing that has ever happened to me"
  12. holly Jesus
  13. wow... now that's a crash story...