Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Guess what!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by snakegal, May 15, 2008.

1. Gues whos back, back again...snakegal is back with a new metal friend.

I just couldn't contain my excitement and have to blurt it out that I'm now a VTR1000 owner! I only started looking a bloody week ago and was meant to wait till tax time, but my dear Mum has loaned me and a week seeing what is out there, I have one!

Picking up my new bike from Bathurst in 3 weeks. :grin:

It's been almost a year and a half without a bike after selling my little white Across. I hope to come out on some rides when I am used to the feel of my new (high powered) bike.

2. welcome back....great choice too.....vtwin :wink:

but as usual :worthlesspics:

cheers stewy :p
  3. Well done.
    Bathurst to Melb will see you stop 351,278 times for fuel :LOL:
  4. Yeah, Yeah I know. :) Will post pics tonight.

I'm not riding back from Bathurst...bad idea seeing tis been almost 1.5 years since I been on a bike and I have only ridden a 250. Not smart me thinks. Getting loan of a bike trailer and car but will be going through bout $300 worth of petrol in the car I think.
  5. would it not be cheaper to get it transported down? if you not planning on riding it :?
  6. Big congrats, ma'am. Go easy when you first start, particularly in terms of accelerating out of corners, but you'll be fine and you'll love the Firestorm.
  7. use a transport company and avoid the hassels of excess $$$$ They should have it shipepd to your door for roughly the same money.
  8. Already looked into a few options, and it's cheaper for me to collect. One quote was $665 (Bathurst is almost double Syd rate). Even if the dealer has someone ride it down for me and me pay to fly the dude up it's more expensive as I would have to pay connecting flight to Bathurst. I'm not going to get it down for under $300.

Unless anyone can suggest anything else? If it was in a crate then I could use a normal courier.
  9. What did M.T.L. quote?
  10. Congrats! 3 weeks hey...

longest wait ever :(

but I suppose 1.5 years was pretty long too.

I'll dink you up to bathurst and you can ride the 250 back while I ride your storm... (you pay for petrol on the storm though) :p
  11. congrats mate. the ole storm will be nivarna compared to the across. hope ya aint going to miss the storage space but :LOL:

i'd consider riding it down to melbourne far ya :wink:
  12. MTL were like $690!

Paul has done a pretty decent price if I can get bike from Bathurst to Penrith, but still works out cheaper (marginally) to collect. If I can somehow get it from Bathurst to Penrith or Syd for free then it's an option.
  13. Congrats snakegal ... on both getting a new bike after all this time and on getting a VTR. Not for everybody, I know, but out of the 3 bikes I've had so far, this is the only one I'm not whingeing about and intend to keep for quite some time ... touch wood :grin:

Don't know where you live, but if you want a better exhaust note without spending a small fortune on aftermarket slip-ons, theres a place in Qld, Springwood ... Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals ... gave me exactly what I was after - better note, a bit louder yet not heart-attack inducing for bystanders ;)
    They replace the existing baffles with custom ones ... specific to each bike. Apparently they experiment until they find the right mod for each bike covered.
  14. Thanks, yeah I will need a new exhaust. It's stock standard atm (but has ventura rack).

I will have a look at the website but I think I'll have to practice patience for a bit with the mods.

It's funny, all the VTRs in QLD I looked at were cheaper than anywhere else....strange.
  15. +1

And congrats, you will soon need shares in Exxon
  16. [​IMG]

17. Hey Mel,

I saw your old bike parked on High street.
  18. Love the Red Mel, she's a friggen gorgeous little thing. Welcome back to riding. :)
  19. Thank Seany. :) I think so too.

That's weird Vic, maybe the old owners sold it cos they were from Shepparton or somewhere nearby. There has to be 1 or 2 other white Across's around though? Surely it wasn't that rare