Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Guess what - NOOB alert

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by eff_cee, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Yet another newbie here (don't you guys get fed up reading these ?? If not here I am !).

Finally bought a bike here in Sydney after being without for the past 3 years. I can't tell you all how frustrating it was having to get my biking fix through AMCN.. good though it is it can't compare to being out there !! One thing I've realised is how bad some of the road surfaces are here around Sydney. The ride through the National Park can be awsome, but there is a particularly bone rattling section in the middle (and a bizarre bit where they've resurfaced half of each side of the road, right in the middle of the twisty section - wtf ? - sure makes for a tight line through the bends':shock:')

Anyway, I've got a K7 GSXR750 and am keen tor catching up with others round here for some info on where the good roads are etc. Also itching to do a track day or two - maybe next month.

Have fun all
  2. Welcome FC (that's a 1958 Holden!! :LOL:)

I believe the nasho is being deliberately allowed to degrade to stop people using the road, especially motorcyclists. In fact, if the more militant greenies had their way, Bundeena and Mainbar would be closed down and the park closed altogether...

Plenty of rides available, why don't you see if you can get to the outing tonight? https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26262
  3. Welcome mate, glad to hear your back on two wheels. And you totally bought the right bike... I wish I had one. :)

As for good roads... they are all around, but where abouts do you live in Sydney? North, South, East or West?

Enjoy your ride.
  4. Welcome Eff_cee
    Of course we get sick of reading these ....... but we love this site so much we do it anyway. :LOL:
  5. Hi mate and welcome,
    I know what your talking about with the half new tar and half old ,in the one LANE ,and there different hights .
    i found out yesterday when i did it.
    Very dangerous .
    Its right near the south entry booth ,so keep an eye out poeple.
  6. G'day we were all noobs once, except Hornet600 he was a pioneer!

7. Welcome Eff_cee, hope you enjoy the challenge
  8. Welcome FC. If you can't handle your bike, give it to me... come on! Please? :)
  9. welcome to the nut house mate!
  10. Thanks for the welcome guys - much appreciated - you do read these afterall !

Hortnet600 - Just read the replies now, so it looks like I missed out on last night's shenanegins (Chess ? - must be a cerebral bunch of riders we have here)

LPC111 - Live in Eastern Subs at the mo, the only ride I've been is into the "Nasho" (!? Need to get the hang of how you guys end everything in "Oh"). I'll start checking out the roads forum and see where everyone else is going.

Pinkxie - Sure you can have my bike. Just not the keys ! Anyway, not sure I'd fit on your 250 (The 750 is small enough )
  11. Welcome eff_cee
  12. My blade sure is baby. It's even small for me! Sometimes when I stop and there's a camber I put my foot on the down side just so I can almost straighten my leg ;)

I'll take you up on the deal for your bike. I'm sure I'll find a way around the prob of no keys. Done!