Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Guess This Guy Really Wnated These Gloves

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kilo86, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Was watching these gloves (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170798093736?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D170798093736%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1) on ebay with interest. Think one guy wanted these badly so put an extremely high automatic bid, and stopped watching thinking nobody would push it this far. Guess he got caught out :D

PS: Not sure if right forum, mods feel free to move or delete as required,

2. Yeah, but why put in an auto bid that's double(ish) what you can buy 'em for new?

Just another case of online auction frenzy I guess.
  3. Especially since I bet those would be fakes as well!
  4. Bet you it was his mate trying to push the bids high. A little too high though.
  5. all i can say is OUCH
  6. I dunno, I'm trying to work it out. When I was watching it was at about $30 :-k
  7. I bet he doesn't pay for them and just endures the neg rating.
  8. Thing is...it takes two to bid. so there's two people prepared to pay a really high price.
  9. Yeah I've had a bidding war with someone before. After the price was set too high to my liking I stopped bidding...turns out I was the second highest bidder and what do you know, a few hours later I get an email saying I got a second chance because the other person may have pulled out of the sale. I replied saying not interested but they kept sending an email offering me a better price, after the 3rd email I told him to stop or else I will report them for false bidding on their own item. Didn't hear from them again.
  10. I read it as the OP pushing up the price just to see how high it went...
  11. Yes, but someone else has to bid against it, otherwise it stops at whatever price beats the next lowest bid. I could bid a million dollars for something, but if the next highest bidder only bids $10, the auction will finish at $10.50.
  12. I bet he puts in a shill bid complaint.
  13. Thanks for that, I'm well aware of how ebay works!

Thats what im saying, it sounds as though the OP kept bidding just to see how high he could make it go...

Clearly the OP isnt the guy who won them, so that makes two people doesnt it. The OP, and whoever actually won the auction.
  14. :LOL: Feel sorry for that guy!
  15. I was watching a pc surround sound system yonks ago that you could buy online elsewhere for $120. Infact, the first few hits in google at the time came up with an online shop that gave that price... so minimal research.

The systems were routinely going for $90. Ebay was flooded with them and so I set myself a goal of buying one at $60. For a while there I was setting the floor price as I bid for weeks max bid $55 until I finally won. However I was amazed at how many units went for more than $120! One unit went for $250! Bidding frenzy!
  16. Sorry. I thought it was a bit obvious, but I didn't follow the reasoning of your post (b/c it was obvious LOL)
  17. my money is on bidder i***e being a mate of the seller.
  18. just to rise bid....