Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GT250R riders...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fiNkers, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Is it worth buying the after market exhaust for the GT250R?
    How much better does it sound? Does it have much effect on performance?

your thoughts?
  2. Sounds heaps better, but performance gain won't be big enough to please everybody. It's still a 250 after all.
  3. Are there many options for aftermarket mufflers?
  4. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19782&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Well Stuieboy is happy with his... I'm just about ready to refuse to go riding with my mates, he's the only other 250 and with the howler sounds much nicer. I'm the only kid that sounds like he's operating a chainsaw :oops:
  5. Evil Peter Stevens sells the Hyosung one for $440.

Staintune offers one w/ removable restrictor. RRP $675

I've seen several GT250/Rs with Howler mufflers.

In Korea, there are about 5 different exhaust cans available including one that evil PS sells for $440. Over there, they will cost less than $300.
  6. Yeah pulled up next to a GT250 like mine this morning, nice pipe and it sounded awesome. I want one but I am not getting one as I will be getting rid of this bike when I upgrade, my new bike will be getting one though.

Oh did I say it sounded horn :grin:
  7. the one i got from ps is the megacycles pipe. i didnt know it was it until the guy at megacycles told me its his one.
  8. Go for it mate!
    But do it for the sound, don't bother for any minor performance improvements.

PS - am flat out with work this week and weekend, then heading up to Gero with work most of next week, but then we should catch up for that ride.
  9. Having ridden beside, behind and in front of Gooshies Hyo I can tell you, that it definately sounds bigger.
  10. I agree with Duffman and nobby.

Do it for the sound. But at the end of the day it's still gonna be a 250 Also the power increase would be so slight you wouldn't notice any.

I'd presonally just go for the factory power pipe and just enjoy the rumble that it gives you.

I have the 650 with the factory power pipe and it sounds great.

I know there totally different, but a V twin with a nice pipe is always going to sound good.
  11. Eh, I'm keeping the stocky on mine. Got other things to pay for, and I'll be selling the bike when I go to a 600 in a year, so there's no point.