Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW GSXR750 Insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by nato2014a, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Hi,

I am a 41 year old rider since 2005. I own a GSX750F. Looking at trading it in for a new GSXR-750.

Just getting quotes for comprehensive and its damn near $2000 which has just thrown a downer on the whole deal. I didn't figure it would be that much.

I now am considering going to a GSXR600 as its cheaper on insurance. Riding for me isn't track style nor do I want to flog the bjesus out of the machine down the road. I just love the look of the 2014 models and want one. I figure its a performance and aesthetics increase over the GSX750F

Can anyone suggest a cheaper insurance company? I noticed Swann can do it much much cheaper......but its kinda too cheap to be legit IMO.

2. Swann is a legit insurer so if you have provided legit information, you have a legit quote which is valid for X days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Whatever your company is now is the one that is not legit if it's charging a 41yr old $2000 for comp. Should be around $500-800 max i'd imagine unless you live in a stealing hot spot.
  4. Your intended usage of the bike has little to do with how much of a risk the insurer deems the bike to their bottom line and how much compensation they need to balance the risk/reward, new/current sportsbikes would surely be at the top of their hit list. I recall some insurers I called up wouldn't even entertain the idea of insuring a current sportsbike.
  5. Hi the expensive quote was Shannons. I spoke to another dealer who thought their quote was way over the mark. got a better quote today.
  6. Mate qbe all the way. Give them a call
  7. Hi mate i pay $652 year with QBE for a cbr1000rr hrc blade try them.cheers
  8. How about you forum newbies head over to Welcome Lounge to introduce yourselves eh?!

• Like Like x 1