Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR600 vs F3 675 ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by rye, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Hi All,

Im trying to decide between a brand new GSXR600 or a second hand F3 675.

I'm stepping up from a 300 and I want a bike that I know I will be able to handle and have fun on. I've ridden the GSXR6 and I'm very comfortable on it. I think I can definitely grow with the bike.

Im abit concerned that the 675 is too tempermental and might not be a good choice for someone who is looking at their first super sport bike, but its just so damn sexy and cool!

Would be happy to hear from people who have experience on both or the 675.

Cheers!

2. How about the Daytona 675R?

3. Sadly they are a tad too tall for me :(

4. Can you test the F3? Does it have the shoddy ride-by-wire?

5. GSXR600 - cheaper to maintain, easier to find parts/accessories (possibly)
    GSXR600 - easier to ride and live with day to day
    GSXR600 - easier to ride on typical Victorian road
    F3 675 - heaps more cool factor (phwoar look at that)
    F3 675 - sounds better (matter of taste, but it does sound awesome)
    F3 675 - possibly faster and more fun on a good twisty road (in the right hands)

Both would be great fun and a pleasure to fang through the twisty roads.

6. Just let me pipe in here. The ride by wire has been fully updated. The maps have been changed. And I now suspect that the jealous people that can never afford the MV are clinging onto that one fact of negativity to get them through their lonely nights, sweating and dreaming of the MV. Alas many reviews state the new mt09 Yamaha has shoddy fuelling too. But the typical troglodytes like mediocrity

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks RRdevil, I was looking forward to feedback from MV owners. Congrats on the F3 800 I hear it's a wild ride!

8. [quoteRRdevil, post: 2667048, member: 39930"]Just let me pipe in here. The ride by wire has been fully updated. The maps have been changed. And I now suspect that the jealous people that can never afford the MV are clinging onto that one fact of negativity to get them through their lonely nights, sweating and dreaming of the MV. Alas many reviews state the new mt09 Yamaha has shoddy fuelling too. But the typical troglodytes like mediocrity[/quote]
    Lol.
    Cant afford one?
    I didn't think either the 675 or the 800 was anywhere near what I consider expensive.
    The one and only reason I wouldn't own one is because the nearest dealer is a 13 hour drive from my house. Otherwise I'd have an 800 in a heartbeat.

9. the nearest mv dealer is the closest bike shop to my house would I buy a f3 800? you bet your arse I would

10. Lol.
    Cant afford one?
    I didn't think either the 675 or the 800 was anywhere near what I consider expensive.
    The one and only reason I wouldn't own one is because the nearest dealer is a 13 hour drive from my house. Otherwise I'd have an 800 in a heartbeat.[/quote]
    To some people it is expensive. To you and me it's obviously not. I didn't buy an F4 RR because they are heavy. And the design is getting old. The F3 is fresh

11. That's why I asked, is that a crime?

I have nothing against MV, but that's about the only negative I've ever heard about them, hence the question.

Cheers.

12. Well i took the MV F3 out for a test ride the other day and I was blown away by how exciting a ride it was and how much character the bike had.

Here are my impressions:

The throttle response at low revs was very patchy and made the bike difficult to ride at slow speeds. It was very jerky. However once you get upto speed, then there is a sudden surge of power, kinda like a turbo charger. I found the F3 very smooth at higher speeds.

The throttle feel took some getting used to as it is super sensitive to the slightest movement. Those were the only real negatives for me.

Everything else I loved. The seating position was perfect for me. The F3 was also very light, it felt even lighter than my old Ninja 300 and the steering was incredibly responsive and light. Awesome front brakes, and the clutch had very good feel.
    The engine note and induction sound was probably the best part of the bike. It was very addictive!

It was a very tough choice for me, as a whole package I feel the F3 is a very unique and fun bike to ride.. and its just so damn cool and sexy!

I decided however to go with the GSXR600. I just felt it would be the better bike in terms of my development right now. It was an easier bike for me to ride and easier for me to continue learning how to ride a supersport as fast and safe as possible. I also commute to the city on a regular basis and the GSXR will be more manageable in traffic.

I still want an F3 though... *sigh* maybe one day!