Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR1100 Oggy Knobs

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by bigmik, May 3, 2012.

1. Need a bit of advice about oggy knobs. Are they worth putting on? If so, where would I get a set for my 1995 GSXR1100WS?
    Thanks
    Mick

2. I can't make up my mind about them either. Not pretty to look at and the bike has comp. insurance. But I don't want to have to have major repairs done if something bad happened.

Do a search for "frame sliders" or "crash knobs" on the interweb and there'll be plenty of options.

3. Might protect your bike if you drop it whilst stationary. They don't do alot if you're moving at any sort of pace however. With ones that are mounted through the engine bolts I've seen them crack the back of engine blocks before....

I wouldn't use them....if I was still stuntriding I'd use a full cage like all the guys do nowadays, otherwise don't bother with them....(IMHO).

4. The look of them makes me think something along the lines of "I'm an unco and I'm going to drop my bike sometime". I'll think I'll stick to insurance instead should the need arise.