Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR1000 K6 Lowering Links

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by stunva, Apr 7, 2008.

1. I'm about to put a set of dog bones on a K6 Gix 1000, can anyone tell me if there is any preload that we need to be careful off and how to avoid this if there is ?

2. Grab the nearest brick and while smashing it against your forehead repeat ten times "I will not fcuk up a perfect handling gixxer by fitting longer dogbones".

Go to a suspension tuner and get the springs replaced if you're too short/light for the bike.

3. i always thought replacing dogbones was a good way of lowering the bike as long as the front is lowered also. It keeps the rear shock at the same length/loading as standard instead of changing the springs which compresses the shocks and in turn doesn't allow it to remain in it's most efficient range.

To the OP, when changing the dogbones you just have to take the load of the bike off the rear wheel by jacking the bike up till the rear wheel is JUST about to leave the ground. once you have the dogbones off the rear wheel will drop to the ground just off it's own weight, not sprung or anything. once thats done lower the jack so the bike comes lower and the holes on the new dogbones line up. reinsert bolts and you're done.

4. You would have to be pretty damn short to want to lower a k6.
    Unless your drag racing or you have just put on a 195/55 or something i cant see any reason for it.