Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR electrics? Any experts out there?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by removed-6, Jun 21, 2007.

1. I need some gauges for my new bike, they are a little pricey new.....$$1100 :shock:

So eBay has them here and there, what I want to know is if anyone knows if other models will plug into the the '04/'05 600 instrument plug and work? I know the 750 does, but the rev range is a little different. What about the 06/07 model gauges? Or the 01-03 model?

Alternately, if i take mine of the '06 model and plug it into the '05 model to see if it will work, can it do damage to my good instruments?

2. Check the part numbers on em. If they're the same, then it should be ok to use it, otherwise something has changed and it's not.
  3. I will check, but I wouldn't expect them to be the same on two different part & models.
  4. buy an aftermarket set. chop off the stock plug and wire the aftermarket one in. oh and don't foget to get a wiring diagram for the stock bike first :)
  5. Thanks, but all the decent aftermarket ones are way too expensive to put on a track bike that may get dropped first day out! I have found a NZ auction site that I got an original one from, for $200 delivered. They are over $1100 new :shock: