Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR EFI Fault codes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by oz650r, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Does anyone know how to get fault codes out of an 04-06 GSXR 600? My FI light come on the other day and I would like to be able to get the code out of the ECU rather than take it to the dealer as I think it would be the O2 sensor causing it. I bypassed the O2 sensor to stop the bike surging under light throttle. Any help would be great as I have looked all over for a shop manual on the net but can not get one. My bike is a GSR not a GSXR but they are very simular. Any help would be great.

2. Grab ya ecu and cut pin #30 wire, Its a black one with dots on it, Anyway count em off and cut it, lookin at schematic it should be 4th wire from rh end . Try that and prolly tape the ends so it no spizzensparkenzz
  3. I have memoved the O2 sensor signal wire from the wiring loom plug and looped the heater wires. The light only comes on under sustained high load but is fine all other times. I know there is a dealer mode plug in most EFI Suzukis that is a 4 pin plug with only 2 wires in it that you bridge to make the fault codes show up in the instrument cluster. My bike has this plug but has 4 wires in it. I am wondering if all Australian spec bikes are now like this. The info I have from Europe is different to what we have here. The colours in our wiring looms are different to other markets.
  4. im under the impression that the 02 sensor measures air/fuel ratio. by bypassing/cutting the wires would result in a very rich mixture (not reading any fuel in emissions), hence fouling plugs, washing bores at idle resulting in excessive engine wear, excessive fuel comsumption.

this is my understanding, please correct me if im wrong.

5. O2 sensor only works in cruise mode and leans the mixture out to pass emission tests. Surging while cruising is caused by rapid adjustments of the mixtures. Fuel economy is still the same. In a car no O2 sensor would cause the problems you sugest as they are closed loop at all times (most cars). Most bikes are open loop and then switch to closed loop under the set conditions.
  6. ahh ok, learn something new every day.. thanks for the update