Bought a 1997 GSXR 600 for about 5 grand that I want to use for a track bike and i decided to do a few things to improve it as a track bike. Suspension was the firs thing to do as the original suspensions was way to soft so I got .95 Kg fork springs put in and replaced the rear shock spring as well originals are .65Kg springs bit soft for my weight. As well as spring I got the forks and shock re-valved with the new generation Ktec valves. These things you would think the suspension is stuffed when you push down on it at stand still but they work great on the track lots of grip and feel still have the dampening rates set soft though as I am still new to the bike. Got some maintenance things to do so I checked valve clearances replaced chain and sprockets, I went one tooth down on the front sprocket as this helps to pull you out of corners but I found it hard sometimes to be in the right gear at Broadford, growing a set of balls and picking up the pace would probably help. Replaced oil and filter, replace throttle cable as the one on the bike was about to jam or snap not good. K&N filter was put in to help breathing and a Factory jet kit installed with a 2 degree ignition advancer to help things along. The Jets are of the titanium type they last longer I am told. Cam chain tensioned is a little bit of a problem it backs off at high revs when you back off the throttle not good so I got a manually adjustable one from Balls for $145 dollars. Might consider changing the cam chain at a latter date for now it works. Race fairings were another thing I wanted so I bought a set on E-Bay for $500 dollars delivered to my door. They cost $1000 dollars in Australia and would take more then 6 weeks to make. I hope to have them soon and fit them to the bike. Have installed rear set brackets that you can get from Rocket racing these are cheaper then complete rear sets and because you use your original pegs and set leaver action isn't compromised. I had cheap rear sets on one bike and it made shifting harder. Braided lines was another thing I got done as the original hoses were due for a change this dramatically improved the feel of the brakes best of all it gives me more confidence to brake later going into a corner a problem I had on the last Broadford track day I had. I am yet to try out the other modifications as the bike is still in the shop but I hope to do another track day before winter sets in. Other things I hope to do cost permitting install a compression adjustment kit as the original forks in the 1997 model don't come with this, a make shift setup had to be setup bit like a bleeder valve. I am looking for latter model lower fork tubes from a bent set of forks that has compression adjustment but that can wait for now as I don't fully require it. Exhaust modification need to redo the exhaust to give a little more clearance, I can't just get another muffler as the flange and exhaust size will still inhibit clearance. I will work on this latter in the winter break more likely. The tyres I got though better for the road then track are ok for now but next spring I hope to have a set of slicks as I would like to take advantage of the extra grip the suspension give. Well that’s it for now will have photos when bike is complete have ordered Broadford shots post them soon.