Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gsxr 600 service

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by csgup1, Apr 11, 2007.

1. hey
    ive got a k2 gsxr 600
    i got the 25000 k major service done abt 5 months ago which included the oil
    change , plugs and filters etc.

bikes nearing 30 000 k's now
    just wondering if i need to take it in for a full major service and how much itll cost me ??

the man also mentioned something abt valve clearences. what are they about ???

also ive been popping a few monos recently and somebody mentioned something about an oil pick up ?? what are they and where do i get em from??

thanks in advance

2. Valve clearances will form part of the major service, and yes they do need to be done. The biggest component of the cost is labour.

The oil pick up is where the oil is drawn from the sump. Depending on its location, during prolonged monos the engine can starve of oil, some models are worse than others. I didn't think it affected gsx-r's, talk to a suzuki dealer if concerned.