Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gsxr-600 1997 model replacing clutch cable?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by bluecraka, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Really hoping someone can help me here with this. On Sunday when pulling in the clutch to stop at the lights, the cable felt like it had snapped, as the clutch lever had no resistance.

I was able to get a replacement cable from the wreckers and after hearing that clutch cable aren't to hard to replace yourself I thought I'd have a crack at it. Well I've got the top end of the cable out of the lever, have remover the the front sprocket cover where the clutch cable went into. Now this is where I'm lost as it appears that the cable is not broken (it needs replacing as it is freyed so will replace) however it looks as thought the clip? has let go at the end. I've got a couple photos on photobucket of what I'm talking about here
    http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z202/Craka_photo/gsxr-600/

It do i just need to close the opening of that clip around the end?

2. Clean it all, the whole area. then take new shots and post them up.

3.  Top
  4. Looks like it is.

5. Okay came to the conclusion that the clip was broken, so I got a replacement actuator that the clip is attached to, however the arm does not sit as far back as the original.
    I have pictures of both the original when was in with the arm back and picture with replacement sitting in same orientation as the original and the arm is right up near edge of sprocket cover, thus won't work in this position.

I'm assuming this arm can be adjusted, to go back, but not sure how?
    Help please

6. I can't do much more from here. Someone in Brizzy should be able to help.

7. Found that if i rotate the arm forward as it rise, if you continue to rotate it it you can see has a spiral type key, when full rotated can pull out and rotate it than place it back in different position, which was more akin to what my original position was.