Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gsxr 600 08 exhaust and cat fit on 06

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by nicka9x, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Just wondering if a gxr600 2008 exhaust and cat (which comes in 2 pieces) fit on a gsxr 600 2006 which has exhaust and cat as one solid piece. 2008 is easier to add a slip on exhaust.

2. Hi mate,
    Yes a 2008-2010 gsxr600/750 exhaust Will bolt straight onto a 2006-2007 !!.

The frame never changed from 2006-2010!
  3. I cut my cat off my 2010 750 and added a custom mid pipe from the USA and finished off with yoshi r77 :)

And just in case I ever get done for noise I bought another complete headers and cat.

image. image. image. image.
  4. Can I ask where you ordered this pipe from? I've been chasing something like this for quite a while to clean up the bike.
  5. I bought it from this company in the USA and it fits like a glove top quality .

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Legend. Just out of curiosity, how smashed would you get for getting caught without a cat? I've been doing a bit of research on it but people seem to think, you just swap it over to stock, pass the bike, then chuck it back.
  7. #7 German mistress, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Hi mate,

In the worst case you'll cop a defect if police fine you for noise etc .... If you get done by the epa well those fines hurt more.

Bare in mind With this mid pipe you cut the cat off so there's no going back to fitting it !

I bought another full stock headers for 30.00 off eBay just in case of police problems but I never ever had an issue ever.

The k6-k7 the cat is a part of the muffler and just bolts on/off in minutes.
    K8 - onwards are welded on hince why you cut it off.