Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSXR 1000 2008 idle speed control value

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Sterkman, Jul 8, 2015.

1. I have a f1 error which is a code 40

which looks like to replace the idle speed control unit

i am after find this part at a reasonable price

in Darwin i have been quotes $355 for this part, was hoping someone might know where i could get the part cheaper

thank you

2. Have you got non standard levers or a bypassed clutch switch?

Make sure the switch is working correctly with the lever first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is the bike rideable? FI warnings are very common on gsxrs. I rode my k3 thou for 25000 ks with FI codes coming up intermittently. Also on my K8 I had an idle speed controller FI code when I tried tinkering with the idle speed screw on the side of the throttle bodies. I thought I'd raise the idle speed to help corner speed on my track bike but it wreaked havoc with the idle causing it to pulse terribly. Anyway backing off the idle speed screw back to 1000rpm cleared the error code and it idled smoothly again.

5. I had the exact same issue a few weeks ago with my k7 gsxr 1000 55***kms,before you even replace anything to do with the idle speed control unit.

Try starting your bike WITHOUT the clutch lever pulled in, if the bike starts it's simply the clutch lever switch that needs replacing,only costed me $30.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ok i have already ordered the unit, can you give me the exact name of this clutch lever switch as the bike does have after market levers i have only just pick this bike up, so needs a little but of work to get it up to my standard

7. sorry,

the bike cuts out when you pull teh clutch fully in sometimes most times at lights when stopping

8.  Top