Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Trekka273, May 22, 2010.

1. I haven't got it home yet, but here is a pick of my new (2nd hand) ride.

K8 GSX650F, just under 8k on the clock.

Got a price I was happy with, just need to now wait for it to get down here (purchased interstate).

As soon as I get the money, I am looking at a nice tinted screen and a Yoshimura Carbon TRC slip on. After that I think it will look pretty good, I really like the black.

I will post up some better pictures when I get it.

Attached Files:

2. well done mate :)

this is lams yes?
  3. I had one of these, it was a GREAT bike. Awesome alrounder.
  4. Thanks guys.

No, not a LAMS bike. Full power.

Rode nicely when I tired it out yesterday. I will also be taking the rack off when I am not planning to go away for a few days with the bike. Not ahuge fan of the look of them, so I think it will look better without it. I will put it back on if going away to strap some stuff to.

With a few additions over time I think it will look really good. I would have loved to get a sports 600 or 750, etc, but I wouldn't be able to ride it for more than about 20 or 30 minutes due to the riding position. At least with a bike like this I can still do the long rides I enjoy (300-400 km in a day, etc) and still have some fun when I want to as well.
  5. Well, finally some updated pics.

Th rack is gone, and I am waiting on the former owner to locate the factory grab handle (contacted through dealer). Hopefully he will find it otherwise I will buy a new one. I don't like the rack on it, even with the piece you can buy to use as a grab handle.
    Still looking at exhausts, hope to purchase in the next few weeks. It will be a carbon fibre exhaust, just not 100% sure on which one yet.
    And then I also want to look at a tinted screen.

Attached Files:

6. Considering looking at one of these also as a sensible upgrade bike. Everything just seems to fit nice & comfortable on the bike.

7. They were some of the reason I got this one. I was really keen on a full sports bike like a GSX-R, etc, but a couple of brief test rides told me that there was no way I could do the sort of riding I enjoy on it, so this was the best match for me between performance and comfort.

All I need now is some decent weather so I can do some decent riding on it and get used to it.
  8. I rode GSXR600 after GSXR600 - and I did really like it no argument, it's an awesome looking bike, and 0-100km/h in 3.1s.

But then there's the GSX 650F - which has the same style, a bit bigger, a bit heavier, a bit more relaxed, heaps cheaper (or newer for the same price), and is a pleasure to do long rides on (having done a 4 hour ride on a hypersports bike, it's not the funnest thing).

0-100km/h in 3.8s, which is as near as makes no difference except on the track, plenty of room for luggage, comfy seat for a pillion - just couldn't go past it.