Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gsx650f compatabilities

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Skid Mark, Oct 1, 2014.

1. #1 Skid Mark, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Gday. Been doing a lot of searching for ways to improve the gsx650f's handling. I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone's thoughts, knowledge and experience on upgrading swing arm, shock, forks and brakes in one area. Keep in mind most people would just go buy a top shelf, mid size sports tourer if money was no object. Advice on parts to hunt at wreckers and auctions would be preferable. Cheers

I am just about to buy an immaculate 09 gsx650f non ABS. It has a Danmoto slip on, k&n filter, adjustable levers, and primo tyres. In all honesty I'll probably leave it be and just ride it but just in case opportunity arises (bargins) it would be nice to know what I need. So....
    I have read the bussa shock works. Which models and do I need the dog bones to suit.
    Thinking bandit 1250. Any tips or advice?
    Forks/Front end
    Busa? Gsxr?

2. Have you had a look at the GSX650F forums? The mod is explained pretty well over there.

I was thinking about the Hayabusa shock mod - can't remember the years you need to look for, but any adjustable dogbones will work.
  3. In all probability, if you start messing with too much gear from different bikes, you may as well have just bought the bike you wanted in the first place.
  4. I know. Like I said it is mainly to satisfy a curiosity. And who knows, if I decide to keep this bike for a few years then a wheel here, fork there out of the bargin bin won't seem so bad. Cheers
  5. Ive owned a gsx650f for 3 yrs , the only mod i think would be replacing the front fork oil with thicker oil to made the front forks a bit stiffer... They really should have adjustable front forks. Really easy bike to ride and get ur knees down on! Also very reliable bike!