Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW GSX550E carbs

Discussion in 'Free To Good Home' at netrider.net.au started by oldcorollas, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bought years ago for a project, no longer required.
    not a real common carb I know, but available for free/cost of postage.

some metal ground away on engine side to allow individual pipes to be attached but probably still work with stock gasket setup.. carbs themselves should work fine.
    or use them for parts.

happy to split individual parts, and pretty sure internals are all ok (diaphragms, slides, needles, jets, floats etc). think it has some cables attached (choke cables?)

looks like the internets pic below. can get actual pics if required.
    [​IMG]

2. Hey man, do you still have these?
    Thanx

3. Certainly do. What do you want pictures of?

4. nothing, but if you let me know how much post to 2444 is I'll sort you out!

5. well I'd hate for you to blow your dosh (~$17 with sig on delivery?) on postage for a lump of crap so... (and they look more tired than I remember.. slides move smoothly, diaphragms good and throttle shafts seem ok tho ;) )

ground bits on engine side.. maybe they won't seal? I dunno.. they'd work with individual pipes :)
    IMG_4065.
    IMG_4066.

overview
    IMG_4067.
    IMG_4068.
    IMG_4069.

6. choke cable.. different size end bits?
    IMG_4070.
    IMG_4071.

fuel bowls probably had a little surface corrosion that I scratched off 15 years ago :D
    mains are #95
    IMG_4072.
    diaphragms look orright, feel supple still
    IMG_4073.

7. thrown out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.