Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSX1400 Rear Shocks

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Skuffy, May 14, 2006.

1. Hey all,

The rear shocks on the GSX1400 are "totalled" and I need to replace them.... Now, I know WP make some as does OHLINS... But, I am not sure which is the better option and the most cost effective.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards

2. :shock: Skuffy's still alive :shock:

Hi Mitch :grin:

3. Koni has always been my shock of choice especially the dial a ride now they are made in OZ I havent personally as yet delt with these people but try them anyway http://www.ikonsuspension.com/

Good luck

4. You may have already thought of this, but they will not only be rebuildable, but they will be able to be tricked up.

About half the cost of the top end replacements and just as good

5. I totally agree with you Iblast i forgot to mention the fully rebuildable bit, because i do rebuild mine and all the bits are available from your local bearing service for peanuts.

6. Loose some weight you fat porker. They might last a bit longer then :LOL: :LOL: