Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSX-R600 vs YZF-R6

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by TOMatoPASTE, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Hey people, what are your thoughts on a Suzuki GSX-R600 (model released 2000) and/or a Yamaha YZF-R6 (model released 1998-2003)? Any thoughts, appraisals, attacks, comparisons, words of wisdom :wink: haha

2. You may mean teh R6 till 2k2, because in 2k3 is when they released teh new model In my test ride of the 03 R6 I personaly lived it, though it wasn't quite as nimble as i would have liked (But the power was addictive)
  3. Whichever one has not been destroyed or worn out by the previous owner...
  4. haha assuming both are of equal 'fresh' quality. yeh i was guessin there was a cross over at that point haha, the original r6 i believe (assuming there wasnt one pre '98)

anyone else? personal experience with the pros and cons of the two models in a direct comparo?
  5. 2003 R6's are fuel injected, I'd be sticking to that if were you... Nothing wrong with carbs though! Just not a fan of the maintenance they require.
  6. That is correct, it is teh first year of FE.
    and it is prety sweet in the engine compartment
    Here is my review of an 03 R6