Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSR600 engine trouble

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Ralf76, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hi Guys
    I have a 2007 Suzuki GSR600 that has an engine knocking noise , I suspected the cam chain so I replaced it and the hydraulic tensioner . now it still makes the noise plus wont start and there is a FI flashing on the dash .
    Any ideas ?

2. Make sure you got all the connectors back together properly.
    How did you do the cam chain? Do you have a workshop manual? It's vital you got the cams and crank in EXACTLY the right alignment or you can do catastrophic damage.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Put it in to Dealer Mode and see what the error code is it is generating. Knocking doesn't sound good though, I take it you have checked Oil etc,
  4. Don't know anything about hydraulic tensioners or gsr600. Did the valve clearance on a ninja 300 3 or 4 times and the manual said to check cam chain stretch. Had an spring loaded tensioner not a hydraulic one.
    Fi flashing might have something to do with timing and top dead centre. Not much help but the help will come (y)
  5. Yes I suspect this as well. There is a Crankshaft position sensor that a lot of timing is derived from. Maybe showing a fault there.
  6. Got it , it was a connector that plugs into the fuel rail , bike starts now and I ride it EXCEPT that the temp readout is too low (30C) and if I turn it off after it warms up it gets hard to start .
    The timing was set correctly , I lined the cams and crank , Thanks.
    • Like Like x 2