Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSR 600, poor fuel economy

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Mike the Bike, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I'm getting about 150ks per tank on my GSR, and that's running down the reserve. Filling up is putting in 15 litres, with a tank capacity of 16 so it's not the fuel gauge.

I'm commuting not very far, and have not gone out for a good ride in months. It's an 06 with 32,000 on the clock.

Currently in the shop for a service (everything 2 wheels, Fitzroy) and Pete the mech can't find any real reason why. Any other GSR riders experiencing similar?

2. Hi, scrap this question. Pete from E2W has diagnosed an extremely rich mix going in to the engine which is burning through the fuel. Some one has 'tuned' it with a tune boy or Yoshi box previously, which rang a bell when the guy I bought it off said that he'd had it tuned to play like a GSXR600 (=D>).

He also thinks the TPS may have been adjusted too. Anyways. Off to Mick Hone to get it sorted so I spend more time on the bike, less time at BP. Country rides will be better without filling up three times! ](*,)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.