Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSR 600 ECU restriction

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Lord Erik, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hello,

I've just signed up to this forum as the result of an exhausting search concerning my ECU restricted GSR 600 2007 mod.

Long story short. I'm from Norway and here we cannot ride "heavy" bikes before we're 21 years old, although we may take the certificate at an earlier age and simply wait until we're old enough. I took my certificate while I was still 20, and as a result I bought an ECU restricted GSR 600. Now that I'm past 21 I would like to have this restriction removed. The trouble is, however, that Norway is a heavily taxed country and removing this restriction (regardless of how simple the procedure itself may be) will cost me roughly 1600 GBP in taxes alone.

Needless to say I would rather test my bike unrestricted with the full 98 HP before paying to have it re-registered, to see if it's really worth the price. Now, I've gathered from various pages that removing the electronic restriction on my bike is a matter of cutting or unconnecting one simple pin from the ECU, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly WHICH pin/wire to pull. As you might understand I'm reluctant to start pulling random pins and testing my bike on the freeway to see which one is the restrictor (and which one might be something completely different and life threatning)...

Using the search engine on the forum I've noticed that this matter has been discussed before, but the links given to pictures describing this wire are outdated and no longer working. Does anyone here have any idea which pin or wire I'm talking about?

If any of you would be so kind to help out a heavily taxed Norwegian student by pointing me in the right direction, I will be oh-so-thankful and send you a happy thought every time I ride my GSR600! :grin:

Best regards,
    Lord Erik