Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gsr 400

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by samjoshua, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

The other day I nearly put my money down on a GSR 400 here in Melbourne from a dealer. I didn't, however, as my mate convinced me that as a grey import it may be difficult to service, spare parts and expense wise. Also, he suggested re-sale value may be significantly lower as a result of it being a grey import.

I really love this bike but I won't buy it if it isn't worth the trouble. What are the implications of grey imports generally and more specifically the GSR 400.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sam J
  2. Your mate is right. The modern interwebby world does make it less of a parts supply risk however.

You will likely suffer with resale and some mechanics will refuse to work on it.

If it is cheap already and you feel comfortable working on bikes yourself, then it is less of a risk.

Is it on the LAMS list? if so, then it is less of a risk again.
  3. I would have thought that in many ways it would have been very similar to the GSR600, hence not too bad to service. I may be wrong...
  4. Shame there's not a few more of these around (gsr400). I'm pretty sure it has the same frame as the gsr600 and the newest versions are said to be the most powerful naked LAMS bike (55hp).

I'm in the same boat tho in thinking it would be a little risky getting one.. so i'm going to settle for the cb400. Could be worse ;)