Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GSF 250V Workshop Manual??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by WillG, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Hi
    I'm just learning on my first bike:
    2000 Suzuki GSF 250V

I have the owners manual but would really like to get the worshop manual so I can get my hands dirty with the bike. Can't seem to track one down anywhere. I've tried bike shop and they say there isn't one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Been through that years ago. :LOL:

Workshops were given a service guide, a small approx 20 page book. There is a manual, Suzuki NZ was able to import it, but it's in japanese.

There is a 400V manual floating around the net, a lot of these specs are the same between models. Service guide is virtually the same, just p/n's are different.
    If you want to order intake valve shims, the part number and replacement guide are the same as in the 400V manual.

In short, main service specifications:

Plugs - CR8EIX (don't waste your time with normal ones... the iridium ones are that much better in this engine)

Low Setting intake clearance - 0.1-0.2 mm
    High Setting intake clearance - 0.1-0.2 mm
    (takes a couple of goes to familiarise yourself with the switching system)
    Exhaust side clearance - 0.2-0.25 mm

Displacement - 248cm^3 total

Compression - 12.5:1

Note: due to the extremely small cylinders, any compression testing needs to take into account apparatus volume.

First Service Recommendations

1) Remove headlight. clean up rust inside the shroud, mask, spray with a light coat of clearcoat and bake in the oven for half an hour at 100.

2) Go to clark rubber, get sheeting, cut to size and glue between tank and seat

3) Get ozzy knobs. The setup for the bandit is extremely strong. If you go down you will lose the radiator and tank, and scratch/dent up the frame - likely instant writeoff! In this case, a $120 investment pays off tenfold

4) To check the valve timing, you _will_ need to drain the coolant every time. A little care in maintaining the bits you'll need to change goes a long way.

5) To check the valve timing, you _will_ need to manufacture an intake rocker shaft eccentric rotating tool. You _will_ need to manufacture a cam rotating tool, the flywheel bolt is far too imprecise.