Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GS500F front fairing

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by rat man407, Dec 29, 2012.

1. i'm wondering if anybody has put the gs500F front fairing with the head lights onto the gs500

or if anybody know if it can be done
  2. You may have to add the radiator if you do. I could be wrong but from memory the naked doesn't have a radiator
  3. A few people from GStwins have done it before with the stock fairings, The Buddha (from GStwins) put stock 05 (I think) GS500F fairings on his 1989 GS500E. Average put stock 04 fairings on his 1990 GS500E.

From what I remember it wasn't an easy task, and both of them knew each other from garage days so that helps :D

It's been quite a few years and I'm a bit lazy to find out but do a Google search for like - site:gstwins.com "The Buddha" fairing gs500e to gs500e

There's a couple of guides of how to go from a GS500F to a GS500E but not the other way around :p
  4. mmm i just checked it out and relised that the front fairing is all one piece i thought it was 2 pieces so can't do it i want just something that covers the headlight and has a windscreen instead of all the front of the bike