Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GS500 Round Australia Relay - Sydney Leg - 4/12/2010

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Miraz, Nov 22, 2010.

1. For the GS500 riders that don't read the gstwins forum...they have put together a round Australia Baton relay....the next leg will be from Newcastle to Sydney on 4th December.

If anybody fancies joining me for a run up the OPH->Wollembi->Broke and back via the Putty Rd to collect the baton then you would be more than welcome.

This is open to anyone, but obviously a few other GS500's would be good...

2. What time you heading off tomorrow mate?

I have to be back early arvo, so would probably shoot back down instead of going the Putty route.
  3. Didn't know about that one.....
    Awsome idea
  4. I see it's taking the very scenic route. When it come to Victoria it will have to do some of the better roads we have here before heading towards the border to SA.
  5. Oh no mate, that's not good. Bit you're ok and bike is ok?

You calling off the Newcastle run I take it till the bike is checked over properly? Smartest choice of action.
  6. My run is still going weather permitting, was an add on run to this one but as miraz has had a hiccup, well, u know the rest :)
  7. Yeh, got a wedding to go to early arvo tomorrow, so your run is a little too far, I wouldn't be back in time. Either that, or I'd need to turn up to a beach wedding on my bike, and you've heard how loud my bike is.
  8. I'd really like to see the Baton carry a USB stick to hold pictures of where it's been.
  9. We're not really getting it around Australia, more zigzagging around the east coast. I'm going to try and get it from bathurst to Wollongong next weekend, Bathurst to Sydney on the 26th, Sydney down to Wollongong on the 27th. From there it will be taken down to Canberra.

We need to get it down to Melbourne then find someone who wants to do a great ocean road run.